Closing Date: 21 May 2018
Judging Date: 02 - 03 June 2018
Notification Date: 16 June 2018
Catalog Upload Date: 19 July 2018
Exhibition Date: 18 - 22 August 2018
Award Mailing Date: 19 August 2018
- The circuit consists of 3 exhibitions/judging and it is organized under the approved rules of Photographic Society of America (PSA), The International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP), Global Photographic Union (GPU), Hellenic Photographic Society (HPS), Atlantic Institute of Photography (AIP), The Photographic Society of Singapore (PSS) and Greek Artistic Photography (GAP).
- The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
- Submission of an entry signifies acceptance of all our conditions.
- Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. For digital imaging section(s) images may be acquired digitally, or scanned from traditional film to create a digital file. Images may be altered, either digitally or otherwise by the maker and subject to Nature, Photo Travel and divisional restrictions.
- Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a PSA-recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
- May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
- May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition. All entrants must provide name and country data exactly the same in each exhibition entered to receive proper credit.
- Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture file names.
- No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image, print mat or mount.
- With the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non-compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
- The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise by the maker. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted.
- If at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
- In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that: a) the images are the original work of the entrant and b) the images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
- These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations. PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
- 4 Sections:
- Open Color
- Open Monochrome
- Photo Travel
- Each participant can enter up to 4 images per section.
ENTRY INTO EXHIBITION
- Online entry only at http://www.pacificatlantic-photo.com/
- 1 section: US$30; 2 sections: US$35; 3 sections: US$42; 4 sections: US$48
- Payment by PayPal at exhibition website or PayPal to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entries receive without fee will not be judged.
- Group entry with than 6 participants will receive 10% discount.
- Digital image format: JPEG, sRGB color profile, maximum image width (horizontal) is 1400 pixels and maximum image height (vertical) is 1050 pixels, maximum file size is 1MB or less.
- All images will be displayed on the Samsung 32” 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV for judging in the public.
REPORT CARD & CATALOG
- Results will be notified by email and all the judging results are final.
- Electronic catalog in PDF will be produced and available at the exhibition website for download.
- Each entrant owns the copyright of the submitted images. The entrant certifies the work as his own. The entrant permits the organizers to reproduce the entered material free of charge for promotional purposes related to the circuit, like catalog and website, unless specifically stated otherwise by the entrant on the entry form.
- Awarded and accepted images will be exhibit on the exhibition website (http://www.pacificatlantic-photo.com/) from 18 August ~ 22 November 2018.
- Public showing of projected images will take place at Atlantic Institute of Photography, New Jersey, USA; Greek Artistic Photography, Iraklion, Greece; and The Photographic Society of Singapore, Singapore on 18 August ~ 22 August 2018.
- The acceptances from this exhibition are eligible:
- PSA Star Rating and Who’s Who in PID Color, PID Monochrome, Nature Division and Photo Travel Division
- FIAP distinctions
- GPU distinctions
- AIP distinctions
- Total of 413 awards include:
- 1 Best of Circuit – HPS Plaque
- 1 Best Club Plaque – Highest total score of a club top seven entrants
- 3 FIAP Blue Badge – Best Author (1 per judging)
- 12 PSA Gold (1 per section per judging)
- 12 FIAP Gold (1 per section per judging) • 12 GPU Gold (1 per section per judging)
- 12 AIP Gold (1 per section per judging)
- 12 PSS Gold (1 per section per judging)
- 12 GAP Gold (1 per section per judging)
- 12 AIP Silver (1 per section per judging)
- 12 PSS Silver (1 per section per judging)
- 12 GAP Silver (1 per section per judging)
- 12 AIP Bronze (1 per section per judging)
- 12 PSS Bronze (1 per section per judging)
- 12 GAP Bronze (1 per section per judging)
- 36 PSA Honorable Mention (3 per section per judging)
- 24 FIAP Honorable Mention (2 per section per judging)
- 24 GPU Honorable Mention (2 per section per judging)
- 60 AIP Honorable Mention (3 per section per judging)
- 60 PSS Honorable Mention (3 per section per judging)
- 60 GAP Honorable Mention (3 per section per judging)
- Each participant can win one award per section.
- Abbrev: PSA (Photographic Society of America) , FIAP (International Federation of Photographic Art), GPU (Global Photographic Union), AIP (Atlantic Institute of Photography, USA), PSS (The Photographic Society of Singapore, Singapore), GAP (Greek Artistic Photography), PSNJ (Photographic Society of New Jersey)
Greek Artistic Photography, Greece
- Trikali Mina, AFIAP
- Vasilopoulou Konstantina, EFIAP, GPU-CR3
- Eleftheria Konsolaki, GPU CR2
The Photographic Society of Singapore
- Goh Kim Hui, Hon FPSS, Hon EFIAP, AFIAP
- Michael Ee, FPSS, EFIAP, MFIAP, PSA ND Galaxy, PPSA
- Vincent Liew, EPSA, PSA Galaxy, GPU CR3, EFIAP, BEPSS, MEPSP, FPSNY, Hon FPSS, Hon FUPHK, Hon PESGSPC, Hon ASPA, Hon FPSNJ
Atlantic Institute of Photography, USA
- Guo Jiang Ou, MPSA
- Xin Xin Liang, EPSA
- Wei Tang
- Ling Yun Mao, EPSA
- Mohammad Ali Salim, MPSA, MFIAP, EFIAP/P, Hon.PESGSPC
- Rowshan Akhter, EPSA, EFIAP